Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scarf in Therapi - Therapeutic Therapy

I made this scarf to avoid doing lace and I really wanted to use this yarn for a spring item.

Here goes: 

2 skeins of Therapi from SWTC

5.5 mm needles

Stitch pattern is a multiple of 6 and I think I used a 4 stitch border on each side. If I remember correctly  I used 26 stitches total.

Row 1 = *Wyb sl 1, k2, psso, k3*
Row 2 = *P4, yo, p1*
Row 3 =  *K3, wyb sl1, k2, psso*
Row 4 = *P1, yo, p4*

P = purl
K = knit
Wyb = with yarn in back (knit position)
Yo = yarn over
Sl 1 = slip one
Psso = pass the slip stich over (in this case, over the two k2 done right after)

Cast on 26 stitches

Knit 4 rows of garter stitches or a border stitch of your choice
Start pattern but don't forget your 4 border stitches at the beginning and the end of your piece of knitting and knit as long as you like, finish with 4 rows of your choosen border and cast off.
Tidy, block and enjoy.